Now that I have found new inspiration, I figured I will make another attempt at blogging.
This recipe is inspired by a recipe I found on Pinterest. It looked delicious. Then when I looked at the recipe, I was shocked. 12 eggs?!?!
The original recipe came from Chef-in-Training. I’m sure it was great the way it was. I didn’t have a dozen eggs to use and I didn’t have the entire night to let it set. I needed it immediately. So I changed it. It was still yummy!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
Total time: 45 min
Yield: 2 servings
- 6 slices ciabatta bread, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 2 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extra
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan or other small baking dish.
- Whisk egg, heavy cream, syrup and vanilla together.
- Layer bread cubes, blueberries and cream cheese cubes into baking dish. Pour egg mixture over the bread. Let set for 10 minutes. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, until top is slightly browned.