I know I found this recipe online a few years ago but have no idea where it came from. Like almost all my other recipes, I’ve changed it to my liking. I recommend using sweet cherries, however the original recipe called for tart cherries.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 30 min
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2/3 cup canned cherries, drained (reserve juice)
- Preheat oven to 400. Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet in to heat.
- Combine flour, milk, eggs, and extract.
- Remove skillet from oven and melt the butter in it.
- Pour in pancake batter.
- Arrange cherries in skillet. Bake 15-20 minutes, until puffed and browned.
- Meanwhile, simmer reserved juice in a saucepan until thickened and has the consistency of a thin syrup. If desired, add a few tablespoons of sugar to the juice. Allow syrup to cool before serving.