I need the energy and happy feelings that a home-cooked breakfast bring into my world.
I love sitting down to eat breakfast with a hot cup of tea and a book and forgetting about the fact that I have to leave the comfort of my kitchen in the near future. Unfortunately I’m good at forgetting. I always lose track of time and end up running 5 minutes late. Oh well.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 25 min
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar (coarse sugar is best)
- Preheat oven to 425. Put a 9 or 10-inch cast iron skillet in to heat.
- Mix flour and salt. Whisk in eggs and milk, only until combined.
- When the skillet is hot, remove from the over and immediately place in the butter, swirling to melt.
- Pour in batter, arrange raspberries in the skillet, leaving a 3/4 inch boarder around the edges.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes or until puffy and browned.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon zest and sugar, pressing gently to release oils.
- Sprinkle over the pancake when you remove it from the oven.