Last weekend I stumbled upon a recipe for black bean and sour cream enchiladas from Keep It Simple Foods. I’d also seen a picture on Pinterest for a black bean and corn salsa. It looked delicious as well. So I combined the two ideas for my mid-week dinner. It turned out extraordinarily well.
I found a recipe for enchilada sauce and then set about throwing together this perfect week night dinner.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
Total time: 40 min
Yield: 5 enchiladas
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 1 cup corn, frozen not canned
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 lime, juice and zest
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 5 large flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine beans (drained and well rinsed), corn, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno (add more to increase spice), sour cream, 2/3 cup cheese, cumin, chili powder, lime juice and zest, and onion. Mix well.
- Spoon bean mixture into large tortillas, roll up and place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining filling.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle on remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 15 min, remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.