This milkshake seemed like a great use of some of that caramel sauce.
Salted Caramel Milkshakes
for 1 milkshake
3 Tbsp. salted caramel sauce (recipe below)
1/2 – 1 cup milk (more for a thinner milkshake)
1 cup vanilla ice cream
additional salted caramel for topping
In a blender, combine milk and caramel sauce. Add in ice cream and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass, top with whipped cream and additional caramel sauce.
(makes approximately 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice (optional)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. fleur de sel or other flaky sea salt
- Place the sugar and water in a large sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat until sugar just reaches a caramel color.
- Add in butter. Swirl until melted. Lower the heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and cream, stirring continuously until smooth.
- Stir in salt.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Can be stored in the fridge for a week, reheat when ready to use again.