The biggest decision I feel confident in making today is adding salted caramel and steamed milk to my chai tea. This was an amazing decision, by the way. Sweet. Salty. Creamy. Smooth. Foamy. Absolute Bliss. Oh yeah, and crazy simple if you have the caramel sauce already on hand.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice (optional)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. fleur de sel or other flaky sea salt
- Place the sugar and water in a large sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat until sugar just reaches a caramel color.
- Add in butter. Swirl until melted. Lower the heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and cream, stirring continuously until smooth.
- Stir in salt.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Can be stored in the fridge for a week, reheat when ready to use again.