Since we can’t all be at the beach, enjoying the sounds of the waves, let’s discuss what’s been going on throughout the week.
- Who remembers Surge? The Coca Cola version of Mountain Dew from the 1990’s is making a comeback thanks to internet petitions urging the company to re-release the sugary beverage. It was available on Amazon but sold out almost instantly. While not my drink of choice, it still brings up a sense of nostalgia. Wasn’t life so much simpler in the 1990s?
- Why do we refrigerator our eggs? Have you ever thought about how our great grandmother’s managed to use eggs without having electric refrigerators to store them in? This is a very interesting article explaining why the USA is one of the few places in the world that stores their eggs in the fridge.
- This cave is truly amazing. I would love an opportunity to go explore the forested areas that have been hidden from our eyes for countless years.
- I am a book worm. I constantly have at least 2 or 3 books that I am wrapped up in. Sometimes they are cook books, sometimes they are the latest best seller, but more often than not they are some kind of semi-realistic fantasy story filled with supernatural beings written in such a way that makes you believe it could really be happening. Apparently women are the biggest readers, library patrons, and book purchasers. I honestly am curious to find out what the reasoning is behind this. What are your thoughts?
- You should start your weekend off right and make this delicious sausage gravy tomorrow morning!